Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding)
Sweet and simple, this creamy dessert is real comfort food in any language. You’ll love the warm raisin and cinnamon flavors. It’s great served cold, too. —Marina Castle, North Hollywood, California
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, rice and cinnamon. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until
- water is absorbed.
- Stir in milk and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring
- frequently. Discard cinnamon. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 351 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.