Sweet and simple, this creamy dessert is real comfort food in any language. You’ll love the warm raisin and cinnamon flavors. It’s great served cold, too. —Marina Castle, North Hollywood, California
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, rice and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in milk and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently. Discard cinnamon. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding) in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p74
Reviews for Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review