- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, rice and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in milk and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently. Discard cinnamon. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding)
"So delicious and easy! I used Arborio rice. Thank you, Marina, for sharing this recipe."
"This was ok. I love Ina Garten's recipe for rice pudding much better. It's always my go to recipe."
"I have made this twice now the first time i followed the recipe, which i never do, was way too think and sweet, so 2nd time doubled the recipe added regular milk, refilled the condensed milk can, vanilla and brown sugar, OMG it was soo good...."
"I have never had this before and I have only heard of it from Dora the Explorer! My 5 year old and I tried it tonight, THIS WAS AWESOME! This is a definite make again recipe! It is a little sweet so I couldn't eat too much but top notch! I will be bringing it to my "Sister Tuesday" get together for dessert since we are having tacos! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe!"
"This was really good - I used brown rice, which tasted great warm, but when I refrigerated it, the rice hardened up. I'd stick with the plain white rice next time. Seasoning is perfect."
"I made this recipe but doubled the ingredients to use the whole can of condensed milk. It is a bit sweet for me, but it was very easy and good. I think I would add more rice and raisins and use some whole milk next time so it isn't so sweet. But I would definately make it again."
"My favorite comfort food while growing up"