Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding) Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, rice and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in milk and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently. Discard cinnamon. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding)(4)
Sort By :
I have never had this before and I have only heard of it from Dora the Explorer! My 5 year old and I tried it tonight, THIS WAS AWESOME! This is a definite make again recipe! It is a little sweet so I couldn't eat too much but top notch! I will be bringing it to my "Sister Tuesday" get together for dessert since we are having tacos! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe!
This was really good - I used brown rice, which tasted great warm, but when I refrigerated it, the rice hardened up. I'd stick with the plain white rice next time. Seasoning is perfect.
I made this recipe but doubled the ingredients to use the whole can of condensed milk. It is a bit sweet for me, but it was very easy and good. I think I would add more rice and raisins and use some whole milk next time so it isn't so sweet. But I would definately make it again.
My favorite comfort food while growing up
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Desserts >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mexican Dessert Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >