Around the World Tapenade
Featuring flavors from around the globe, this recipe is a trip for the taste buds! Chopping the ingredients in a food processor keeps things quick and easy.Kim Rila, Leesburg, Virginia
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup chopped poblano pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 16 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and
- process until blended. Spoon 1 tablespoon tapenade onto each
- baguette slice. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 63 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.