Armstrong Olive Quiche
For a wonderful brunch dish, try this quiche. Instead of a pie crust, potatoes are used as the 'crust'. It is delicious.Armstrong Olives, Mike and Cindy Armstrong, Porterville, California
6-8 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed (or grate your own cooked potatoes)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, seeded
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar cheese
- 1 cup spicy olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Press potatoes between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press
- into a greased 9-in. pie plate to form crust. Brush with melted
- butter. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until crust rim is golden
- brown. Remove from oven. Spread chilies, cheeses and olives in
- crust. Beat milk with eggs, salt and pepper. Pour mixture slowly
- into crust. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until knife
- inserted in center comes our clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 284 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 701 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.