Armstrong Olive Quiche Recipe
For a wonderful brunch dish, try this quiche. Instead of a pie crust, potatoes are used as the 'crust'. It is delicious.—Armstrong Olives, Mike and Cindy Armstrong, Porterville, California
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed (or grate your own cooked potatoes)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, seeded
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar cheese
- 1 cup spicy olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Press potatoes between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press into a greased 9-in. pie plate to form crust. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until crust rim is golden brown. Remove from oven. Spread chilies, cheeses and olives in crust. Beat milk with eggs, salt and pepper. Pour mixture slowly into crust. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes our clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 284 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Armstrong Olive Quiche
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC