- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns, thawed (or grate your own cooked potatoes)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, seeded
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar cheese
- 1 cup spicy olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Press potatoes between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press into a greased 9-in. pie plate to form crust. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until crust rim is golden brown. Remove from oven. Spread chilies, cheeses and olives in crust. Beat milk with eggs, salt and pepper. Pour mixture slowly into crust. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes our clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Armstrong Olive Quiche in Country Woman July/August 1990, p10
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Armstrong Olive Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review