Armenian Pilaf Recipe
"My grandfather was born in Armenia in the mid-1800's" Susan Lederer relates from her home in Fallon, Nevada. "This pilaf recipe is adapted from one he brought to this country. At our house, it's a standard with shish kabobs and chicken dishes.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked broken vermicelli (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, bulgur, rice and vermicelli in butter for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Add the broth, water and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Armenian Pilaf in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p52
Reviews for Armenian Pilaf(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >