Armenian Okra Recipe
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen okra, thawed
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add the broth, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the okra, apricots and lemon juice. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until okra is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Armenian Okra in Taste of Home Fall 2012
Reviews for Armenian Okra
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review