Armadillo Eggs Recipe
The crust is crispy, and the peppers give this dish a nice zesty flavor. —Peggy Campbell, Welch, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 envelopes pork-flavored seasoned coating mix
- 1. Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise; remove seeds and stems. Stuff each pepper half with about 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese. In a bowl, combine the uncooked sausage, biscuit mix and remaining cheese; mix well. Shape about 2 tablespoonfuls around each pepper.
- 2. Dip into eggs, then roll in coating mix. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 126 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC