The crust is crispy, and the peppers give this dish a nice zesty flavor. —Peggy Campbell, Welch, Texas
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 envelopes pork-flavored seasoned coating mix
- Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise; remove seeds and stems. Stuff
- each pepper half with about 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese. In a bowl,
- combine the uncooked sausage, biscuit mix and remaining cheese; mix
- well. Shape about 2 tablespoonfuls around each pepper.
- Dip into eggs, then roll in coating mix. Place on a baking sheet
- coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or
- until golden brown. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 126 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.