The crust is crispy, and the peppers give this dish a nice zesty flavor. —Peggy Campbell, Welch, Texas
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 envelopes pork-flavored seasoned coating mix
- Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise; remove seeds and stems. Stuff each pepper half with about 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese. In a bowl, combine the uncooked sausage, biscuit mix and remaining cheese; mix well. Shape about 2 tablespoonfuls around each pepper.
- Dip into eggs, then roll in coating mix. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Armadillo Eggs in Country August/September 2004, p51
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Armadillo Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review