Arizona Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1. In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in 2 tablespoons of oil. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, celery, water, olives, garlic powder, oregano, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 2. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Return chicken to pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add mushrooms; simmer 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared without salt) equals 277 calories, 13 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Arizona Chicken
"We really liked this, I just wish there was more sauce."
"Its Great and Fast"
"Very tasty defintely a keeper"
"It takes a little time to make it but it is worth. This dish is very tasty and the sauce is wonderful. I cut back a little on the tomatoes(my own preference) and served with plain rice cooked in vegetable broth, over which I put some of the sauce."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.