Argentine Lasagna Recipe
My family is from Argentina, which has a strong Italian heritage and large cattle ranches. This all-in-one lasagna is packed with meat, cheese and veggies.—Sylvia Maenenr, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Ragu® Classic Alfredo
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (9 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- Fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, pepper and 2 cups mozzarella cheese; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, ricotta cheese, peas and spinach.
- 3. Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, 1-1/4 cups meat sauce and 1-1/4 cups spinach mixture. Repeat layers three times. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. (Pan will be full.)
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with basil and serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC