Barbara Lorensen of Mexico, Missouri says this fruity bread is good throughout the day. "It is wonderful to have with coffee in the morning, later as a snack or most any time," she writes.
Featured In: Baking with Squash
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-12/ pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Apricot Yeast Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p33
Reviews for Apricot Yeast Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review