I accumulated a large recipe collection from around the world while my husband served in the Air Force for 25 years. This mouthwatering appetizer is one of our favorites, and we enjoy sharing it with friends.Jane Ashworth, Bevercreek, Ohio
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) dried apricots
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1/4 cup plum or apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Fold each apricot around an almond. Cut bacon strips into thirds;
- wrap a strip around each apricot and secure with a toothpick. Place
- on two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp,
- turning once.
- In a small saucepan, combine jelly and soy sauce; cook and stir over
- low heat for 5 minutes or until warmed and smooth.
- Remove apricots to paper towels; drain. Serve with sauce for dipping.
- Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 139 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer