Apricot Wild Rice Salad
Nutty, fruity and packed with flavor, this make-ahead dish is a wholesome side for all kinds of entrees.” —Barbara Schulte, Payson, Arizona
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 55 min. + chilling
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain if
- necessary. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place apricots in a small bowl; cover with boiling water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Stir the apricots, cherries and
- walnuts into rice. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice,
- maple syrup and salt. Pour over rice mixture and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Yield: 15 servings (2/3 cup
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 293 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.