Apricot Wild Rice Salad Recipe
Nutty, fruity and packed with flavor, this make-ahead dish is a wholesome side for all kinds of entrees.” —Barbara Schulte, Payson, Arizona
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain if necessary. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, place apricots in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Stir the apricots, cherries and walnuts into rice. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, maple syrup and salt. Pour over rice mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Yield: 15 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 293 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC