Apricots lend golden color and goodness to this fruity beverage from Ruth Seitz of Columbus Junction, Iowa.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, undrained
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- 18 whole cloves
- 6 cinnamon sticks (3-1/2 inches), broken
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a blender or food processor, blend apricots and liquid until
- smooth. Pour into a large saucepan. Add pineapple juice, cider and
- orange juice. Place the cloves and cinnamon sticks in a double
- thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a
- string to form a bag. Add to saucepan. (Or place loose spices in
- saucepan and strain before serving.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer 15-20 minutes. Serve hot in mugs. Garnish with
- cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 161 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.