Apricot Wassail Recipe
Apricots lend golden color and goodness to this fruity beverage from Ruth Seitz of Columbus Junction, Iowa.
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, undrained
- 4 cups DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- 18 whole cloves
- 6 cinnamon sticks (3-1/2 inches), broken
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a blender or food processor, blend apricots and liquid until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan. Add pineapple juice, cider and orange juice. Place the cloves and cinnamon sticks in a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with a string to form a bag. Add to saucepan. (Or place loose spices in saucepan and strain before serving.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes. Serve hot in mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 2 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 161 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC