Apricot-Walnut Crescent Cookies Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 sheets refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons apricot brandy
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Place apricots and walnut halves in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water and apricot mixture. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, unroll one pastry sheet. Roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Spoon about 1 teaspoon apricot filling on half of each circle. Fold pastry over; seal edges. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining pastry sheets and filling. Brush cookies with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough brandy to achieve desired consistency. Place chopped walnuts in another small bowl. Dip rounded edges of cookies in icing and then in walnuts. Drizzle any remaining icing over cookies if desired. Let stand until set. Yield: 40 cookies.
Originally published as Apricot-Walnut Crescent Cookies in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p89
Reviews for Apricot-Walnut Crescent Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >