Apricot Walnut Bread Recipe
"Orange juice and oat bran add flavor and texture to this recipe," comments Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida.
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup uncooked oat bran hot cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in oat bran and apricots. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and soda; stir into apricot mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 141 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Apricot Walnut Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC