- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup uncooked oat bran hot cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in oat bran and apricots. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and soda; stir into apricot mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until bread tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Apricot Walnut Bread in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p45
Reviews for Apricot Walnut Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review