Apricot Walnut Bars Recipe
These moist bars have a great flavor. Everyone in my family loves them, and I get lots of requests for the recipe. —Kim Gilliland, Simi Valley, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 2/3 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook apricots in water over medium heat for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain, cool and chop; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup flour until well blended.
- 2. Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, and remaining flour; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in apricots and nuts. Pour over crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar; cut into bars. Yield: 16 bars.
1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC