These moist bars have a great flavor. Everyone in my family loves them, and I get lots of requests for the recipe. —Kim Gilliland, Simi Valley, California
- 2/3 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, cook apricots in water over medium heat for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain, cool and chop; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup flour until well blended.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, and remaining flour; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in apricots and nuts. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar; cut into bars. Yield: 16 bars.
Originally published as Apricot Bars in Country June/July 2004, p49
Reviews for Apricot Walnut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review