Apricot Twist Coffee Cake Recipe
I discovered this recipe in a grocery store flyer. The twisted dough puffs up to make an attractive, scrumptious morning treat.
- 3/4 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Grease a 10-in. spring form pan. Remove sides of pan and set aside. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15-in. circle; place over base of pan. (Dough will hang over edges.) Combine cream cheese and flour. Spread over dough to within 2-1/2 in. of edges; top with jam.
- 3. With scissors, cut from outside edge to 2-in. toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals. Twist two strips together and fold over filling. Repeat with remaining strips. Replace sides of pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Brush egg over coffee cake; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice equals 299 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Twist Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC