- With scissors, cut from outside edge to 2-in. toward center of ring
- at 1-in. intervals. Twist two strips together and fold over filling.
- Repeat with remaining strips. Replace sides of pan. Cover and let
- rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Brush egg over coffee cake; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350°
- for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 299 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.