Apricot Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dried apricot halves, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or additional canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red or yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, apricot nectar, soy sauce, vinegar and red pepper flakes until smooth. Add apricots; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in canola and sesame oil until no longer pink. Add the peas, onion and red pepper; stir-fry until crisp-tender. Remove meat and vegetables with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return meat and vegetables to the pan; toss to coat. Heat through. Serve with couscous if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 270 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.