Apricot Turkey Pinwheels
"I created these unique pinwheels for a football game snack using ingredients I had on hand. They were a huge hit and I love how quick and easy they are to prepare."
Melanie Foster, Blaine, Minnesota
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 pound sliced deli turkey
- Unfold pastry; layer with preserves, mustard, cheese and turkey. Roll
- up jelly-roll style. Cut into 16 slices. Place cut side down on a
- parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16
Freeze option: Freeze cooled appetizers in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat appetizers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven until crisp and heated through.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pinwheel equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.