Apricot Turkey Pinwheels Recipe
I created these unique pinwheels for a football game snack using ingredients I had on hand. They were a huge hit and I love how quick and easy they are to prepare. —Melanie Foster, Blaine, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1. Unfold pastry; layer with preserves, mustard, cheese and turkey. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 16 slices. Place cut side down on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 pinwheels.
1 pinwheel equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC