Apricot Turkey and Rice
Apricots, cinnamon and nutmeg add a touch of sweetness to this turkey and rice dish. It makes a very light and easy meal.—Joan Gatling, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a skillet, saute turkey and onion in margarine until meat is
- lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Stir in remaining
- ingredients. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5-7
- minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 each) equals 269 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.