Apricot Turkey and Rice Recipe
Apricots, cinnamon and nutmeg add a touch of sweetness to this turkey and rice dish. It makes a very light and easy meal.—Joan Gatling, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a skillet, saute turkey and onion in margarine until meat is lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 269 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Apricot Turkey and Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC