Each dimpled delight holds a dab of apricot preserves—or whatever jam or jelly your family fancies most. —Jeanette Meidal, Savage, Minnesota
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cashews
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Beat in
- egg and vanilla. Gradually add cookie mix and mix well.
- Place egg white and cashews in separate shallow bowls. Shape dough
- into 1-in. balls. Dip in egg white, then roll in cashews.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a
- wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each
- cookie. Fill with preserves. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or
- until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 79 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.