Apricot Thumbprints Recipe
Each dimpled delight holds a dab of apricot preserves—or whatever jam or jelly your family fancies most. —Jeanette Meidal, Savage, Minnesota
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cashews
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add cookie mix and mix well.
- 2. Place egg white and cashews in separate shallow bowls. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Dip in egg white, then roll in cashews.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Fill with preserves. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 79 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Apricot Thumbprints
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC