- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cashews
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add cookie mix and mix well.
- Place egg white and cashews in separate shallow bowls. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Dip in egg white, then roll in cashews.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Fill with preserves. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Thumbprints in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p85
Reviews for Apricot Thumbprints
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review