- heat for 30 minutes or until the water is absorbed and apricots are
- tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the brown sugar, juice and
- nuts. Cool.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Roll one portion into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread
- half of filling over rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up
- jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends together
- to form a ring. Repeat for second ring. With scissors, cut each from
- outside edge two-thirds toward center of ring at 1 in. intervals.
- Separate strips slightly: twist so filling shows, slightly
- overlapping with previous piece. Cover; let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar and enough milk to
- achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm tea rings.
- Yield: 2 rings (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 205 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.