Apricot Tea Cookies Recipe
It just wouldn't be Christmas without these dainty melt-in-your-mouth cookies of my platter! Filled with apricots and drizzles with frosty glaze, they couldn't be more delectable.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add sour cream, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer 7-9 minutes longer or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- 3. Divide dough in half. On a well-floured surface, roll out each portion into a 10-in. square; cut each into 2-in. squares. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of filling in the center of each square. Bring two opposite corners of square to the center; pinch firmly to seal.
- 4. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled cookies. Yield: About 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 141 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Tea Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC