Apricot Tea Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add sour cream, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover; simmer 7-9 minutes longer or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Divide dough in half. On a well-floured surface, roll out each portion into a 10-in. square; cut each into 2-in. squares. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of filling in the center of each square. Bring two opposite corners of square to the center; pinch firmly to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled cookies. Yield: About 4 dozen.
Reviews for Apricot Tea Cookies(3)
Sort By :
Although I just used the sour cream I had on hand, these turned out fabulous! My husband and sister loved them.
There is a coupon for $1 off any two boxes of celestial seasonings tea here:
It would go great with these tea cookies. ;)
I have tried these twice and they fall apart in baking . I don't see how the two ends seal ???
My family and friends enjoy this pastry very much. I make it part of my cookie exchange. It is light and flaky. I have made it with an apple filling as well and it tastes just as good.