Apricot Tea Bread Recipe
I received this recipe from a radio program many years ago. It has been a favorite of my family ever since.—Lyn Robitaille, East Hartland, Connecticut
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in apricots and pecans.
- 3. Spoon into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. For topping, combine flour and sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice equals 216 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC