Apricot Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- Whipped cream and toasted sliced almonds
- 1. Grease the bottom and sides of a 10-in. springform pan; sprinkle with ground almonds and set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, cook apricots and water for 15 minutes over medium heat or until the water is nearly absorbed and apricots are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon peel; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth and set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in cream just until blended. Stir 1 cup into pureed apricots; set aside.
- 4. Pour remaining mixture into prepared pan. Drop apricot mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls over filling. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl apricot mixture. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer.
- 6. In a small saucepan, heat preserves. Press through a strainer (discard pulp). Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and sliced almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 314 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Swirl Cheesecake
"Really enjoyed the flavor of this cheesecake and easy to make. I made it for a family dinner. The phrase " Heaven in my mouth" was uttered. It was a hit. I will definitely make again."