Apricot Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cut sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Drain sweet potatoes and apricots, reserving 1/2 cup juice from each; set aside. Cut apricots in half. Place sweet potatoes and apricots in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon; stir in reserved juices until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the sherry, raisins and orange peel.
- 3. Pour over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 183 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Apricot Sweet Potato Bake
"I came across this recipe in a Thanksgiving cookbook a few years back and have made it every year. Everyone loves it, including the ones who are not a huge fan of sweet potatoes."