Apricot Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
In Livingston, Montana, Jessie Sarrazin fancies up convenient canned sweet potatoes and apricots with brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins. “This speedy side dish is delicious for holiday dinners,” she assures.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cut sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. Drain sweet potatoes and apricots, reserving 1/2 cup juice from each; set aside. Cut apricots in half. Place sweet potatoes and apricots in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon; stir in reserved juices until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the sherry, raisins and orange peel.
- 3. Pour over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 183 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC