In Livingston, Montana, Jessie Sarrazin fancies up convenient canned sweet potatoes and apricots with brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins. “This speedy side dish is delicious for holiday dinners,” she assures.
Recommended: 14 Sheet Pan Supper Recipes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cut sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Drain sweet potatoes and apricots, reserving 1/2 cup juice from each; set aside. Cut apricots in half. Place sweet potatoes and apricots in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon; stir in reserved juices until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the sherry, raisins and orange peel.
- Pour over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Sweet Potato Bake in Country Woman March/April 2007, p36
Reviews for Apricot Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2012
"I came across this recipe in a Thanksgiving cookbook a few years back and have made it every year. Everyone loves it, including the ones who are not a huge fan of sweet potatoes."