Apricot Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cut sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Drain sweet potatoes and apricots, reserving 1/2 cup juice from each; set aside. Cut apricots in half. Place sweet potatoes and apricots in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon; stir in reserved juices until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the sherry, raisins and orange peel.
- Pour over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apricot Sweet Potato Bake(2)
Sort By :
I am a novice cook and made this for Thanksgiving dinner. Both family and church friends loved it and asked for the recipe....
I came across this recipe in a Thanksgiving cookbook a few years back and have made it every year. Everyone loves it, including the ones who are not a huge fan of sweet potatoes.
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >