In Livingston, Montana, Jessie Sarrazin fancies up convenient canned sweet potatoes and apricots with brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins. “This speedy side dish is delicious for holiday dinners,” she assures.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cut sweet potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Drain sweet potatoes and apricots, reserving 1/2 cup juice from each; set aside. Cut apricots in half. Place sweet potatoes and apricots in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon; stir in reserved juices until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the sherry, raisins and orange peel.
- Pour over sweet potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Sweet Potato Bake in Country Woman March/April 2007, p36
Reviews for Apricot Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review