Apricot Sunshine Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 to 12 fresh apricots, halved or 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) apricot halves, drained
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 16 to 24 pecan or walnut halves
- 1. Pour butter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Arrange apricot halves, cut side down, in a single layer over top; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat shortening and sugar for 2 minutes or until crumbly. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to crumb mixture alternately with milk just until combined. Spread over apricots.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Place a pecan half in the center of each apricot half. Serve warm. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 piece: 232 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Apricot Sunshine Coffee Cake
"A family favorite when those pretty apricots are in season:)"