Apricot Sunshine Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 to 12 fresh apricots, halved or 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) apricot halves, drained
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 16 to 24 pecan or walnut halves
- 1. Pour butter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Arrange apricot halves, cut side down, in a single layer over top; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat shortening and sugar for 2 minutes or until crumbly. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to crumb mixture alternately with milk just until combined. Spread over apricots.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Place a pecan half in the center of each apricot half. Serve warm. Yield: 9-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Sunshine Coffee Cake
"A family favorite when those pretty apricots are in season:)"