Apricot Sundaes Recipe
Apricots make a lovely, lightly sweet topping that's spooned over frozen yogurt in this fruity and refreshing dessert.
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar apricot halves
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fat-free sugar-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- 1. Drain apricots, reserving juice. Slice apricots; set aside. In a saucepan, combine 1/3 cup orange juice, brown sugar and reserved apricot juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth; stir into apricot juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vanilla and reserved apricots. Serve over frozen yogurt. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 151 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 fruit
Reviews for Apricot Sundaes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC