Apricot-Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe
For a new take on turkey, give this recipe a try. It cooks on the grill, and it's stuffed with a sensational apricot mixture.—Bonnie De Meyer, New Carlisle, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Grill: 1 hour + standing YIELD:8 servings
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons water or unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Cut a horizontal slit into thickest part of turkey to form a 5-in. x 4-in. pocket; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, apricots, pecans, 2 tablespoons water, oil, garlic salt and rosemary. Stuff into pocket of turkey. Secure opening with metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill turkey, covered, over medium indirect heat for 50 minutes.
- 4. Combine mustard and remaining water; brush over turkey. Grill 10-25 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 268 calories, 313 mg sodium, 81 mg cholesterol, 20 g carbohydrate, 33 g protein, 6 g fat, 2 g fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC