Apricot-Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons water or unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Cut a horizontal slit into thickest part of turkey to form a 5-in. x 4-in. pocket; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, apricots, pecans, 2 tablespoons water, oil, garlic salt and rosemary. Stuff into pocket of turkey. Secure opening with metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill turkey, covered, over medium indirect heat for 50 minutes.
- 4. Combine mustard and remaining water; brush over turkey. Grill 10-25 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 268 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Apricot-Stuffed Turkey Breast
"I mixed a bit of honey in with the Dijon mustard."
"Really enjoyed this as something to change up normal turkey recipe."