Apricot-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1/3 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove wrap; sprinkle with cheese, apricots, thyme, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- 2. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long end. Tie at 1-1/2-inch to 2-inch intervals with kitchen string; secure ends with toothpicks. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Brush tenderloin with butter. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork equals 374 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.