VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups French vanilla ice cream, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) apricot cake and pastry filling
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in butter until crumble. Add ice cream, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Refrigerate overnight.
- Shape dough into six balls. Lightly sprinkle work surface with confectioners' sugar; roll out each ball into a 13-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread apricot filling evenly over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with raisins and pecans; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Roll up jelly-roll style into a tight roll, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Carefully place on three greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Cut each roll into 12 slices; sprinkle cut sides with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Strudel Sticks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p90