Apricot Squash Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves in extra light syrup, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add squash; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add apricots, broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Process in small batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to the pan and heat through. Garnish with green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 117 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Apricot Squash Soup
"How do you substitue dried apricots for the canned?"
"I like onions but when I made this recipe the onion flavor covered up the apricot flavor. If I made it again I would decrease the onion significantly. My personal preference."