- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves in extra light syrup, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add squash; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add apricots, broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly.
- Process in small batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to the pan and heat through. Garnish with green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Squash Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p16
Reviews for Apricot Squash Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2010
"How do you substitue dried apricots for the canned?"
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2010
"I like onions but when I made this recipe the onion flavor covered up the apricot flavor. If I made it again I would decrease the onion significantly. My personal preference."