- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves in extra light syrup, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add squash; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add apricots, broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly.
- Process in small batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to the pan and heat through. Garnish with green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Squash Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p16
Reviews for Apricot Squash Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2010
"How do you substitue dried apricots for the canned?"
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2010
"I like onions but when I made this recipe the onion flavor covered up the apricot flavor. If I made it again I would decrease the onion significantly. My personal preference."