Apricot Sherbet Recipe
Orpha Campbell MIDLAND, TEXAS Searching for a light and refreshing dessert that you can make ahead? Try this pretty sherbet that bursts with the invigorating flavor of apricot. It’s the perfect summertime treat.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Process: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:8 servings
- 2-1/4 cups apricot nectar
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 291 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC