Apricot Sesame Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sesame seeds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an 3/8-in. deep indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with jam. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 145 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Apricot Sesame Cookies
"I have made these several times and I always come home with an empty cookie tray. I also replace the almond extract with other extracts to compliment the jam in the center."