Apricot Sesame Cookies
This recipe is a favorite of mine to make for special occasions. The cookies freeze beautifully, so they can conveniently be made ahead of time. Substitute peach, strawberry or raspberry jam if you like.
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed
- mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sesame seeds. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an 3/8-in. deep
- indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with jam. Bake at
- 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire
- racks to cool.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 145 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.