Apricot Sesame Cookies Recipe
This recipe is a favorite of mine to make for special occasions. The cookies freeze beautifully, so they can conveniently be made ahead of time. Substitute peach, strawberry or raspberry jam if you like.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sesame seeds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an 3/8-in. deep indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with jam. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 145 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Sesame Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC