Apricot Sesame Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sesame seeds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an 3/8-in. deep indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with jam. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 145 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Sesame Cookies
"I have made these several times and I always come home with an empty cookie tray. I also replace the almond extract with other extracts to compliment the jam in the center."