- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sesame seeds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an 3/8-in. deep indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with jam. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Sesame Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p62
Reviews for Apricot Sesame Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2010
"I have made these several times and I always come home with an empty cookie tray. I also replace the almond extract with other extracts to compliment the jam in the center."