Apricot Sesame Cookies Recipe
This recipe is a favorite of mine to make for special occasions. The cookies freeze beautifully, so they can conveniently be made ahead of time. Substitute peach, strawberry or raspberry jam if you like.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sesame seeds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an 3/8-in. deep indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with jam. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Sesame Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p62
Reviews for Apricot Sesame Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2010
I have made these several times and I always come home with an empty cookie tray. I also replace the almond extract with other extracts to compliment the jam in the center.