Here at the Sea Holly Bed & Breakfast, I have a simple way to dress up regular sausage links for the holidays with a golden apricot sauce. This is one recipe that guests often request.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh pork sausage links
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- Orange slices, optional
- In a medium skillet, brown sausages on all sides. Add enough water to
- cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add juice and preserves. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30
- minutes, turning sausages occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 231 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.