Apricot Sausage Kabobs
"Basted with a simple sweet-and-sour sauce, these tasty kabobs make a quick meal that's elegant enough for company," relates Susie Lindquist, Ellijay, Georgia.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 12 pieces
- 12 dried apricots
- 12 medium fresh mushrooms
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine preserves and mustard; mix well. Remove 1/2
- cup for serving; set aside. Alternate sausage, apricots and
- mushrooms on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered,
- over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Turn frequently and baste with remaining apricot sauce. Warm the
- reserved sauce; serve with kabobs and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 617 calories, 35 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 2,383 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.