Apricot Salsa Chicken
In an unusual but tongue-tingling combination, apricots and salsa smother pieces of chicken with a sweet and spicy sauce in this recipe by Grace Yaskovic of Branchville, New Jersey.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four
- ingredients; add chicken in batches. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until
- browned on each side; drain. Stir in the salsa, preserves and
- nectar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15
- minutes or until sauce thickens and a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 293 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 779 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.