Apricot Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 jar (12 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first four ingredients; add chicken in batches. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until browned on each side; drain. Stir in the salsa, preserves and nectar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 293 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 779 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Salsa Chicken
"This is so easy and one of our favorites."
"Very tasty. My Husband liked it, and it was easy to make."
"This recipe is easy and amazingly delicious. My family loved it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.