"COLORFUL gelatin salad adds a spot of brightness to any table. It blends well with this holiday feast. We children didn't know if it should be a salad or dessert, with its smooth texture and delicate flavor."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) apricot gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 carton (4 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and set aside. In a bowl, beat
- cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Stir
- in gelatin. Add pineapple and mix well. Chill. When mixture begins
- to thicken, fold in whipped topping. Pour into a 2-1/2-qt. serving
- bowl. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 201 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.